Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP and vegetation

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by kurai, Mar 24, 2019.

1. kurai

kurai

Hi there,
    since right now the old tree generator shaders still don't work in HDRP, how have you solved in order to quickly create trees?
    I'm experimenting with HDRP in a non-photorealistic environment, but I need trees (the style I usually us is the regular Unity tree generator + hand painted textures).

Any ideas?

2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

3. jRocket

jRocket

Make them in Blender or similar software.

4. kurai

kurai

The problem is, I would still need vegetation shaders and I would have loved to see if there was any readymade solution before going full modelling tool+shadergraph.

5. jRocket

jRocket

I believe the the Lit shader can be used for foliage with SSS/transition enabled. There may even be a preset for it Maybe you could use the tree generator mesh with the Lit shader?

6. kurai

kurai

Hmmm I'll give it a try, thanks! Where can I find presets? (Sorry if that's a bit of a stupid question but I'm still exploring the whole HDRP).

7. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

You can find a diffusion profile preset for SSS and tranclucency in the Book of the dead demo project