Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP and old hardware

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Deleted User, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Built in pipeline with deferred rendering:
    - empty scene with camera and default skybox -- 340 fps
    - couple of cubes and point light -- 217 fps

HDRP:
    - empty scene with camera -- 86 fps
    - same with default scene settings set -- 77 fps
    - couple of cubes and point light -- 35 fps

Is there anything I can do with HDRP on old PC?

2. Turn off a bunch of heavy features.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

What features? More detail please.

4. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

HDRP is made for compute heavy devices. If your GPU isn't capable of running heavy compute processes then you will have lower performance. As for what to turn off that's trial and error for you since we don't have your setup or info on it to know what would affect it the most. I would recommend that you disable settings on the asset or enter play mode and use the debug window ( ctrl+backspace ) to disable things and see what helps. Shadows cause a huge drop in performance right now (apparently this is a bug that's being worked on) so this is something you want to play with as well.

5. jRocket

jRocket

Try benchmarking on an actual scene with similar features and you will see performance much closer. Turn off volumetric fog, post processing, SSR, subsurface scattering, antialiasing. Turn on dynamic resolution to render at a lower resolution. For shadows, cut down the number of cascades.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

I turned off everything and gained + 10 fps and black screen. HDRP just refuses to work on old hardware. Recently I got a bit newer graphic card (GTX 750 ti) and it showed me ~115 fps with the same cubes. Of course it is more then previous case but it's still a sad result for such simple scene.