Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP ambient light causes a washed texture ?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by noamro, Dec 8, 2019.

1. noamro

noamro

I'm trying to add a bit of ambient light to this area because it's just plain dark and the light doesn't bounce there
    upload_2019-12-8_20-29-3.png

I tried adding every type of HDR sky but it just causes a washed texture (and I also tried black,gray and white for the colors, didn't work)

upload_2019-12-8_20-30-9.png

This is what the textures actually look like
    upload_2019-12-8_20-30-26.png

2. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

Add an Indirect Lighting Controller override to the volume and control the ambient lighting with that.

upload_2019-12-8_15-40-23.png

Also, it seems you are using baked lighting so it would be better to add more lights to your scene in the darker areas if you want light there. Otherwise, the result you currently have is correct. Increasing the Ambient Lighting Intensity to make the darker parts look like they have light will only further mess up the lighting.

Another option is to add the Shadows, Midtones, and Highlights post effect to the volume and increase the shadows. This might help but ultimately the correct solution would be to use more lights.
    upload_2019-12-8_15-40-58.png

3. noamro

noamro

I did all of that, it didn't work.
    But I found a fix, I added an emission to the materials.