Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP 5.4 minor error with meta file

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by hippocoder, Feb 18, 2019.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Read only asset Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/RenderPipelineResources/HDRenderPipelineResources.asset has no meta file.

*shrugs*

2. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the report. It is one of the reasons we haven't promote 5.4.0 to public.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Sorry, should I not report errors in staging, or is it OK to report for staging?

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I've been under impression that if there's a bug, it can be reported as per the guideline in the SRP repos readme (they direct you to fogbugz there).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I just ask for what I should do to help the HDRP team :)

6. meriem_unity

meriem_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, there's no need to report errors in staging,
    Again thank you for your help.

hippocoder likes this.
  7. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

@meriem_unity Does that mean there's no need to report errors at all on WIP things or just not on fogbugz?

One would think it would be beneficial to point out if some niche feat/combo is not working instead of staying silent until it gets shipped broken in actual release...

For example I filed a report on this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/fee...n-render-pipeline.560653/page-10#post-4234738 as it's broken on both 5.5 and 6.3 github releases and staging. I could have waited for the packages to come to regular registry before reporting it but in my experience, HDRPs forward-only bugs tend to go unnoticed for a very long periods unless someone points them out (plus I could pinpoint the place where it breaks too so thought it would save some time for the person fixing this in the future).

Of course if this is not preferred, I'll just note them here in the forums at the HDRP thread etc.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yes, also the errors came from the conversion of SSS profiles from 1 asset to separate assets, and once I cleared that up, the problem was gone. I doubt this will affect new users.

And will report bugs in latest beta/alpha preview, not staging so thanks for clarification.

meriem_unity likes this.
  9. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

Isn't the reason for packages being in staging is because they are being tested at that point? Once they are good they get released to the package manager. That's what I always thought its purpose was

10. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yeah but when you're like me and have several projects with some manifests with/without staging, it's hard to keep track :D