Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP - 5.2.3 null exception

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Tulsisvt, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Tulsisvt

Tulsisvt

I'm trying to start a new project with Unity 2019.1.a12 and installed Core RP and HDRP package with package manager. Latest version available is 5.2.3. I don't get this error the first time I set up the HDRP profiles, but only after I close the editor and restart unity.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectUnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.UpgradeResourcesIfNeeded () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.2.3-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:351)UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline..ctor (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipelineAsset asset) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.2.3-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:244)UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipelineAsset.CreatePipeline () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.2.3-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipelineAsset.cs:24)UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset.InternalCreatePipeline () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineAsset.cs:9)UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.PrepareRenderPipeline (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipelineAsset) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineManager.cs:72)UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras, System.IntPtr loopPtr, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineManager.cs:45)UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You only need HDRP itself, not the core or anything else unless you're developing a SRP. Because HDRP pulls in any dependencies it needs.

3. Tulsisvt

Tulsisvt

Still getting the same error without Core with a fresh new project
    upload_2019-1-2_9-26-36.png

4. Tulsisvt

Tulsisvt

Resolved this issue by installing just HDRP 5.2.3 and restarting the editor. Setting up the project to support HDRP pipeline and restarting editor again. then I installed the VFXgraph package and repeated the process.
    Somehow installing HDRP and VFXgraph at the same time caused a lot of issues

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Is it all set up with the correct asset in the Graphics Settings etc?

6. Tulsisvt

Tulsisvt

yes

7. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

After installing a SRP I usually have to restart or even reimport for it to work.

Tulsisvt likes this.
  8. HaMrDev

HaMrDev

im having the same problem its still saying the same thing but i can play the game and everything looks good but i cant build it and it keeps saying this error