Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRP 2.0.5 preview error: no definition for maxSpotLightShadows

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Slowin, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Slowin

Slowin

Hi,

I upgraded from HDRP 2.0.3 to 2.0.5. Now I cannot run the game anymore and receive the following errors:

C:/Users/PC/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@2.0.5-preview/HDRP/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs(120,55): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.ShadowInitParameters' does not contain a definition for `maxPointLightShadows' and no extension method `maxPointLightShadows' of type `UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.ShadowInitParameters' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

C:/Users/PC/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@2.0.5-preview/HDRP/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs(121,55): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.ShadowInitParameters' does not contain a definition for `maxSpotLightShadows' and no extension method `maxSpotLightShadows' of type `UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.ShadowInitParameters' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

C:/Users/PC/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@2.0.5-preview/HDRP/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs(122,55): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.ShadowInitParameters' does not contain a definition for `maxDirectionalLightShadows' and no extension method `maxDirectionalLightShadows' of type `UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.ShadowInitParameters' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

C:/Users/PC/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@2.0.5-preview/HDRP/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs(825,71): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.AdditionalShadowData' does not contain a definition for `contactShadows' and no extension method `contactShadows' of type `UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.AdditionalShadowData' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Does anyone know, what I can do here? I'm using Unity 2018.2.0f2.

Thanks

2. Slowin

Slowin

I was able to find the solution. I simply had to update the core library to 2.0.5 as well.