Search Unity

HDRP 10.7.0 GPU Instancing

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by dexmex001, Jan 6, 2022.

1. dexmex001

dexmex001

Hello,

In Unity 2020.3.15f2 with HDRP 10.6.0 if turn on GPU instancing on HDRP/Lit material, its worked fine. See batcging / saved batcing running well.
    In 2020.2.25f1 with HDRP 10.7.0 if use GPU instancing on material, its have no effect.
    I found a same issue in Unity 2021 with HDRP project. The simple mesh GPU instancing not worked to me.
    Dont want upgrade my project until not found a solution for this. A woud like use a new volumetric sky features in 2021 but instancing not work.

Have any idea what i made wrong, or miss. For testing i used the same default Sphere and textures.

Thanks you your reply.

Attached Files:

2. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

Hi. You can select the HDRP asset, go in Debug mode in the Inspector and disable SRP Batcher so the shaders are using the GPU instancing path.
    upload_2022-1-7_12-52-15.png

Alternatively, you can "break" the shaders so they are not SRP Batcher compatible.

3. dexmex001

dexmex001

Hi BOXOPHOBIC

Many many thanks you reply.
    Now i feel myself so clumsy... Lot of hours from performance imporve and the new version kidding with me.
    Turned off the SRP, but the situation is same its have no effect.
    I try from the start:
    1 Edit / Project settings /
    2 Graphic / Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings
    3 Select DefaultHDRPAsset / Debug / turn off SRP

I thought i already understood the GPU material instancing but no. Unity 2020.2.25f1 with HDRP 10.7.0 and over versions kick me back XD
    if you can possibly recommend something good tutorial on GPU instancing / batching, I will be happy to learn

Attached Files:

4. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

No problem :) Make sure SRP batcher is disabled on all HDRP assets (if more are used). For some reason, it seems that it is still active.

5. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

you may have 3 .asset files one for each quality level found i think under the player setting section to check and update in

6. dexmex001

dexmex001

All of my respect is your :)

Turned off on all quality (low/med/hi) level and now its running fine. I dont thinked its override somewhere. After this i will waching for that.

Many thanks Master BOXOPHOBIC

Attached Files:

BOXOPHOBIC likes this.
  7. dexmex001

dexmex001

Hi DEEnvironment

Yes, this was a problem.

Many thaks for your reply

DEEnvironment likes this.