Search Unity

HDRI Sky not working

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by JnB17, Sep 13, 2019.

1. JnB17

JnB17

Hello, I am trying to create an HDRI sky in HDRP project, but the sky is not responding and I only see a gray background.

Here is the screen with the settings: https://imgur.com/9WE29lw

//Edit: when I work with the post process and when adding bloom, color grading etc. I don't see any changes in real-time.

Where could be the problem please?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  2. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

Panyiiifan likes this.
  3. konsic

konsic

Is it possible to use HDRI sky so that is not present in game view?

4. JnB17

JnB17

Thanks a lot Remy_Unity.

I haven't turned on "Effects button and menu" - I'm discovering Unity right now ;)

5. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

6. konsic

konsic

7. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

8. soleron

soleron

Have you set it up properly in the "Visual Environment"?

And are you sure this profile is the correct one? There is a bit of a mess between these settings and HDRP settings ewwww can't even understand who approved this horrible new UX...

9. RickshawDerpyDerp

RickshawDerpyDerp

After changing Quality settings, my sky doesn't appear in Game View anymore and doesn't illuminate the scene, making the shadows very dark. All the settings discussed here are enabled. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Visual Environment post processing override as well, but that didn't do anything.

10. pierred_unity

pierred_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, in your Visual Environment volume override, is your Ambient Mode set to "Dynamic"? If it's set to "Static", it might not recalculate the ambient immediately if you change your sky.

11. GXMark

GXMark

I have an issue where i want the HDRI sky to not use the ambience at all. I want to control the ambience myself. I want the ambience to remain constant no matter if i use a daytime sunset or nighttime sky. How do i accomplish this with the HDRP 10.2?

I did try adding a gradient sky override and changing its exposure. Then in the static lighting under the environment tab settings it to gradient sky. I can now control the ambience but changing the sky still influences the ambient level (kinda like its additive?)

In the standard renderer pipeline i used to simply control this via the Lighting window and setting the ambient mode to color. How to get the same effect in hdrp?

12. Julien_Unity

Julien_Unity

Unity Technologies

What you see is probably the reflection part of the sky contribution.
    You can use sky lighting override as described here to replace it with a black gradiant sky for specular lighting.
    That should achieve what you want.

13. JonTGN

JonTGN

I just forgot to add the visual environment component, and set the sky type to "HDRI Sky" in the volume when creating a new scene. Not related to this post but hopefully will help someone.