Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDRI Sky component not listed?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Goatogrammetry, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

All I want to do is change the sky to one of the HDRI skies I bought a while back so I can test some assets I'm making. It seems the sky settings have been completely changed in HDRP, and the new system is very hard to find any info on-- Forget actual documentation. So what I've come across tells me to go make a volume settings game object, and set it there. Then I guess I'm supposed to add an HDRI Sky component and select the texture and set the exposure in that component... But as you can see, there is no such component listed. I downloaded the Unity HDRI pack, but no luck. This is true of both 2018.3 and 2019. What am I missing?

2. Guerro323

Guerro323

You need to click on "Add Component overrides", not on "Add Component".

Rob2222196 likes this.
  3. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

Ok. Whatever component override is, it worked. Found the HDRI Sky component. But its dead-- Zero ability to set anything in it. I'm not sure I've ever encountered a dead component before.

... I tried turning off the other sky components for the procedural stuff. Nothing. What now?

4. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

You have to activate what you want to change. Everything not activated to be overridden are using the default settings you see there.
    upload_2019-2-5_14-34-23.png