Search Unity

HDR Shadergraph doesnt recognize Fresnel effect

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by martinaion3985, Mar 8, 2020.

1. martinaion3985

martinaion3985

Hello I just cant see the Shader I made from an youtube tutorial on my Model. Here are some pics.

I want it to make it glow, on the shadergraph preview its showing but its not seen on the model.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Did you click "save asset" button in top-left of shader graph?

Failing this, check if the effect is applied without multiplying it with color, and if so make sure alpha of color being 0 isn't stomping it (you never know).

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Also post in correct section next time please! (moved)

4. martinaion3985

martinaion3985

No its not working after i put out th colro node and just plug the fresnel node directly into emission. Also I preset alredy save asset I can see after that in the scene view its updating the material but nothing changend.

Sry I will post in the right forum next time.

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Pretty odd! Please post your version of Unity and HDRP that you're using.

Also try a multiply node between the fresnel and master node, crank the output up high since it may be just hard to see.

6. martinaion3985

martinaion3985

Thats really strange now I opened another HDRP Project and just made a shader with a simple color node and plug it into the albedo masternode and also saved it and assign the material to my model but still no change not even in color? why is that?

Yeah I am using 7.1.8 HDRP and Unity Version is 2019.3

7. martinaion3985

martinaion3985

Also noticed that unity in my current version doesnt even have LWRP as Option for a new Project, then I checked older Versions and they got the LWRP Project Option cince the tuts I am looking are all made with this Versions. Will let you know if its working with lower Versions of unity.

8. martinaion3985

martinaion3985

Ok its working now. I just made everything like before with the only difference that I had used an older Unity Version. With 2019.3.0f6 it wasnt working for me. I just changed the Version to 2019.2.21f1 and its working. Hope you guys can fix that.

9. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

You're plugging into the Emission slot. HDRP scene lights are physically based, which means the lights are much stronger than the default emissive weight. You need to adjust the exposure in your scene, or use the "Emission" node to help boost the weight of the emissive value from Shader Graph. Please use the HDRP forum with other questions about how the physically based lighting works.
    We got a bug report for this and I investigated, and it's not a bug. It's a misunderstanding (and miscommunication from our side) on how to achieve the desired behavior. c:

hakmatmao likes this.
  10. Jason_Chanxxx

Jason_Chanxxx

@alexandral_unity , i found the same probelm with him, my version is 2022.Unity HDRP does not recongnize the shader graph . when i adjust the parametre in the graph ,the material inspector changed to nothing.i was very confused about that. when i saw at other sample scenes,it used many HDRP/lit or else like this one etc. but the shader graph is not supported nicely. i am glad to hear why cause this happen