Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HDR not working for VR cameras in LWRP?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by JGroxz, Nov 2, 2018.

1. JGroxz

JGroxz

I am developing a VR game using LWRP. Performance gains are awesome compared to the default pipeline, so thank you guys for great work!

Today I stumbled with the issue that HDR is not applied to VR cameras. I have HDR setting enabled in my LWRP asset, and with PostProcessing on normal Camera it works just fine. However, if I start the game in VR mode, HDR is gone – it is especially noticeable on particle systems with emission and when using bloom. I have HDR checkbox enabled on the camera in both cases, but in VR it does not affect anything. Turning PP on/off does not help either. Is there a way to fix it?

I am currently using LWRP 3.0.0 and Unity 2018.2.7f1.
    Interesting fact is, I tried creating an empty LWRP VR project in the same version of Unity, but with LWRP 2.0.8 (and also tried 2.0.7) – in these versions HDR indeed works on VR cameras. What is wrong about 3.0.0? Or am I missing something?

2. zygis

zygis

Dealing with the same problem. Any news?

LWRP: 3.0.0
    Unity: 2018.2.13f

JGroxz likes this.
  3. JGroxz

JGroxz

I reverted to v2.0.8 after all and had to manually “befriend” it with the latest Post-Processing Stack, v2.0.17 (the latter is not compulsory, but I wanted to fix shifted bloom on the right eye :)). Now HDR works fine, and I can use the latest effects.

BTW, I checked the newer versions of LWRP (up to 5.0.0 in Unity 2019 alpha) – seems like this issue is still in place. Hope it can be fixed soon...

4. paulan_unity

paulan_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there! Postprocessing was automatically disabled with LWRP + VR because we were ironing out some of the remaining issues with VR + PP.

Just this morning we merged in a PR to reenable VR + LWRP + PP into the SRP github, but that's targeting 2019.1. Luckily our alphas are now public so you can give that a shot!

JGroxz likes this.
  5. JGroxz

JGroxz

Thank you for update, I will try it!

6. fherbst

fherbst

I'm still seeing this issue with 2019.1.0b3, LWRP 5.2.3 (not preview anymore) and PostProcessing 2.1.3. HDR is not used for a camera that is supposed to be HDR in VR.

This is very visible with Bloom - no bloom is applied with a treshold > 1, ever. If I tune the treshold down I see bloom.

@paulan_unity is this expected behaviour or should I file a bug report?