Search Unity

Hdg Build - Organise your builds

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by samizzo, Dec 15, 2017.

1. samizzo

samizzo

Hdg Build saves you time when building your projects for multiple platforms.

Do you develop projects for multiple platforms? Are your build scripts spaghetti code? Do you want to save time when adding platform-specific scenes and defines? Hdg Build can help you!

forum_screenshot.png

Hdg Build helps you to organise your build configurations.

FEATURES
    • Full source code.
    • Save time when adding new build configurations or platform-specific scenes.
    • No more messy, complicated build scripts.
    • Effortlessly switch between sets of defines.
    • Great for multi-platform development.
    It's super easy to use - just add your build configurations, set up any defines, build settings, and any scenes that you want in the build for that configuration. Then hit the "Build" button and you're done! It also features an API so you can hook into it from your own build pipelines.

I use this as part of the build pipeline for our own game to let me easily configure and create debug and release builds, and to quickly add platform-specific scenes. For example, on our tvOS and PC versions, we build scenes that add menus that we don't want on the iOS version of the game.

WORKFLOW

• Create a new Build Configuration Collection in the Project browser by right clicking and selecting Create > Build Config Collection.
    • Add builds to the collection.
    • Configure them.
    • Profit!
    Hdg Build is available in the asset store now for US$29. Get it here!

-Sam

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. samizzo

samizzo

Hdg Build has been submitted to the asset store, and should be coming soon! In the meantime you can check out the documentation here.

-Sam

3. samizzo

samizzo

Hdg Build is out now on the asset store! Get it here!

4. samizzo

samizzo

I've just pushed a new version of Hdg Build which fixes some bugs and also shows a "replace/append" dialog like Unity, so you can actually do an append build! I've also added an attribute to allow you to specify a prebuild method for those of you on Unity versions before 5.6 who can't use the IPreprocessBuild interface.

Check it out here!

Sam

5. JoRangers

JoRangers

Hi Samizzo,

I use your asset in my new projects.
    After a few uses, I think it will be great to have these improvements:
    - the switch button replace all the scenes of the Build Settings window with the profile selected
    - a variable for the package name (useful for android, ios and perhaps others)
    - the variable Development build doesn't update the "same" variable from the Build Settings window.

Currently, I use the build & build and run button from unity Build Settings window because it is more convenient for me.

Hope it will help you to improve your asset =)

6. samizzo

samizzo

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for your comments! They sound good - I'll look into those changes and hopefully get them implemented in the next release!

Cheers
    Sam