Search Unity

HDBakedReflectionSystem work with HDRP, Either switch your render pipeline or use a different...

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by CosmosBear, Feb 17, 2020.

1. CosmosBear

CosmosBear

I get this warning almost 100% when I bake GI with the progressive GPU

HDBakedReflectionSystem work with HDRP, Either switch your render pipeline or use a different reflection system. You may need to trigger a C# domain reload to initialize the appropriate reflection system. One way to do this is to compile a script.
    UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.ScriptableBakedReflectionSystemWrapper:Internal_ScriptableBakedReflectionSystemWrapper_Tick(SceneStateHash)

It stop the baking then I can't bake anymore, I need to restart unity.
    I tried to recompile a script like it say but it won't fix

I use HDRP with mixed lighting
    I'm with 2019.3.1 (RP package 7.2.0)

Anyone know what and why?

2. mostlyhuman

mostlyhuman

I'm having the exact same issue with the same error, its actually crashing unity since autobake is on.

3. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue, we will ask our QA to reproduce it and look for a fix.

4. uMotiejus

uMotiejus

Unity Technologies

Hello. I was unable to reproduce this on HDRP template, maybe you could file a bug report and attach a project for reproduction? Thank you

5. CosmosBear

CosmosBear

Our project is 35 gig, I can't really send it... :(
    But I can give some more info/observation

- It seem to happens only with GPU progressive lightmapper (tough I can't test all scenes, since it take eternity with cpu lightmapper.)

- It seem like we use Enter Play Mode Option so I check reload domain then press play, then I bake.
    It somehow fix the problem for some time

6. tcz8

tcz8

I have the same warning since upgrading a project to HDRP.

HDBakedReflectionSystem work with HDRP, Either switch your render pipeline or use a different reflection system. You may need to trigger a C# domain reload to initialize the appropriate reflection system. One way to do this is to compile a script.
    UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.ScriptableBakedReflectionSystemWrapper:Internal_ScriptableBakedReflectionSystemWrapper_Tick (UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.SceneStateHash)

7. VeganBurrito86

VeganBurrito86

I too just got this error and have no idea why. The only change I made before I got it was updating a script of mine that should have nothing to do with this, and the only changes I made to that script before I got this error were to do with the custom inspector - just making a property not show anymore. No idea what's causing it for me.

8. alti

alti

make sure the package manager has the latest HDRP versions and such. I got this error and tried ignoring it but it made everything run slow. I updated the HDRP asset through the package manager and now everything runs smooth again without a restart.

edit: ok, i got the warning again, but things didn't come to a crawl this time when I hit play.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  9. rafaelcraftero_unity

rafaelcraftero_unity

same error in 2021.1 do anyone knows any solution?

10. Astirian

Astirian

Yip, same here on 2021.1.23f1. New project is pretty much just some models, lights, particles and a player controller. I updated from 2018 though to get the lights to play nice, so maybe that's a thing.

11. akaBase

akaBase

You need to remove the LightSettings asset from the LightingSettings setting.

(I had the same issue and a game of hunt the bug led me to it, so thought I'd update here incase anyone else comes across it like I did)

Dudicus, x1alphaz1 and apple122 like this.
  12. thephox1982

thephox1982

Late reply but I can confirm this was the issue for me, thanks!

neler93, akaBase, Dudicus and 2 others like this.