Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

HD rendering pipeline vs old unity

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by fildax, Jun 7, 2018.

1. fildax

fildax

I understand that new HDRP in 2018 is all about graphics.

I was trying to look around for some comparison images of old unity vs HDRP to see how big is improvement in visual quality, but except this one:

https://blogs.unity3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/HDRP15.png

I was unable to find any.

Also, I dont see much of difference in that image.

Or is it more about performance? ( as I red the post, they say it works better with more lights)

I know you can use area lights with new HDRP , but is it much different than, lets say, old unity with alloy?

Is there some roadmap for new features for SRP? As, how Unity said, it is not production ready, I would love to see some eta for production ready version.

Cheers!

Filip

2. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

For the mentioned image, there's not a lot of differences between them because the purpose of this capture was not to show that HDRP will magically make things look better, but to show that the material converter will allow you to get your stuff from legacy without doing a long manual conversion. For this scene it was a matter of minutes.

We have nice demos featuring HDRP (Book of the Dead, Fontainebleau Photogrammetry) but no real sidi to side comparison for now.

unityunity