Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

HD pipeline limited shadows

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Crystalline, May 7, 2018.

1. Crystalline

Crystalline

I have a very shadow intensive scene(many point lights with shadows), and while it works just fine in the normal renderer, in the new HD one, shadows keep disappearing . I tried increasing the shadow atlas resolution to 12k, and still the same thing.

Any ideas?

AntonioModer likes this.
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

HD Version, Unity version, lighting scheme (mixed/other), screenshots and more information is required to take things more seriously.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. uy3d

uy3d

Unity Technologies

The shadow budgets are currently internally defined to be a good compromise between number of shadows visible and the time it takes to generate the shadowmaps. You can see the budgets in LightLoop.cs where they are initialized towards the top of the file. Currently they stand at max 6 point lights, 12 spot lights and 1 directional light, regardless of whether there's space for more in the atlas or not.

tinyant and AntonioModer like this.
  4. Crystalline

Crystalline

Okay. I understand. Thanks for reply.