Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hazel Networking - Open Source RUDP/TCP Library

Discussion in 'Connected Games' started by Jamster, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Jamster

Jamster

I'm afraid I don't have a Mac to test but I've never heard of any problems before. Does Hazel work in Unity builds for Mac?

2. Doodlemeat

Doodlemeat

I am currently using Lidgren Networking library to manage my UDP connections and I have not yet had any problem with that. What would you say that Hazel is doing better? I am creating a first person shooter multiplayer.

3. Jamster

Jamster

I haven't used Lidgren a whole lot so I'm not really the best person to comment on it. I'd suggest that the main advantage I know is that you can very easily switch between TCP and RUDP with Hazel but Lidgren is only RUDP. Perhaps someone who knows more can chime in though!

4. BigToe

BigToe

I did end up getting it to work on the mac without crashing. It appears I was one number off on my IP address. When I fixed that Unity stopped crashing. So wha ti really needed was to add another null check to make sure I had a connection before I called Connect(). Thanks for the help.

Jamster likes this.
  5. alextoti

alextoti

Do you have a discord server?

6. Jamster

Jamster

Hey!

There's not a dedicated Discord server but you're more than welcome to talk/ask stuff here! If you'd prefer Discord though then I'm sure people wouldn't mind you asking thing in the DarkRift server (just preface your messages with the fact you're using Hazel!)

https://discordapp.com/invite/cz2FQ6k

Jamie