Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Having Two of the Same Projects - Unity Ads Related

Discussion in '2D' started by MisterSkitz, Aug 22, 2019.

1. MisterSkitz

MisterSkitz

Ok, so here's what I done. I started a project in unity 2018, I believe it was the last official release (not sure). Anyway, everything as good until I used CCleaner to get rid of the junk files, clean cookies and cache memory, etc... For some reason my SDK wouldn't allow builds to my Android phone anymore. So I decided to update to Unity 2019 for the newest official release (I hear it's super dope! Even has 2D lighting!)
    Anyway, I didn't know what would happen when I imported my project into it. Would it be ruined with the script adjustments like has happened to me in the past? I just didn't know! So I created a copy of the 2018 version and put it far, far, far away from the original. I imported the copy of the project into Unity 2019 and it worked. However, the build still fails and it's directly related to Unity ads Monetize.

I created a new project and it successfully built to my phone so the SDK/JDK is functioning so I know this issue is Unity Ad related.

1. I tried reimporting Unity ads (Not reimport all)
    2. I tried removing Unity Ads and ReImporting through the asset store

Anyway, I thought that maybe this could be because now I have two projects, a Unity 2018 version and a Unity 2019 version(With the same project name and both show up in Unity hub NOT in the Unity Operate Project Dashboard), so perhaps the store id would be different. I went to the Unity console but only see one project (Even though I felt there should be two). So my store id is correct and I know for fact the code works because it's the same script I used for a game I've published already. And the code did work for this game until I used CCleaner(Which I uninstalled grrrrr!!!!).

I guess my main questions are:
    1. Do I have 2 versions of the same project but only one is showing?(How can I get a separate store ID for the 2019 version than the 2018 version?)
    2. Has anyone else experienced SDK issues when using CCleaner?

2. Phospheonix

Phospheonix

I think i might have just lost a weeks progress on my Unity progect after using CCleaner! Cant say for sure but it seems that way. Just thought id add another data point. :(