Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

having trouble integrating google play into my game...

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by NathanGroovy, Apr 6, 2017.

1. NathanGroovy

NathanGroovy

I'm currently working on getting Google Play's API put into my game. But I'm having some trouble getting it to work and making an android build with it in the project. This is the first Error I get when the project first loads up:

And I'm also getting this error too:

I've put in the android NPK-r10e and updated the SDK with the latest version. But it still seems to be giving me trouble and I don't know what to do. Please help!

2. liortal

liortal

It looks like the "Resolver", which is a component used by different plugins that require Google play services, failed to perform its job, which is to resolve Google play services libraries.

The 2nd error also suggests the same - it fails to find a particular resource that is usually defined in one of the Google play services libraries.

You can try updating everything using the "SDK Manager" from your Android SDK folder, then try to return to Unity and let it resolve the libraries again (Assets -> Google Play -> Resolve client jars).

NOTE: I provide professional assistance with exactly this kind of cases. If you're not able to resolve the issue yourself, please feel free to contact me via the link in my signature below.

3. NathanGroovy

NathanGroovy

I've tried updating the Android SDK using Android Studio and then letting Unity resolve the libraries under Assets -> Play Services Resolver -> Android Resolver -> Resolve Client Jars. There doesn't seem to be an option specifically named "Google Play" under Assets.

I'm still getting some errors though, this is what I'm now getting:

Any ideas on to what these problems are?

4. liortal

liortal

5. NathanGroovy

NathanGroovy

That seems to help. But now I'm getting more errors. This is what it's now saying:

and also:

6. liortal

liortal

Try changing your minimal android supported version to 14

7. NathanGroovy

NathanGroovy

How do I go about changing that? I went into the manifests and tried changing minSDKVersion to 14, but it didn't seem to do anything and I got the same error.

8. NathanGroovy

NathanGroovy

I think I found the right manifest, I change the number to 14. but the build still fails, I get the same errors and the number I tweaked in the main android manifest gets reset back to 9.

9. liortal

liortal

You should change that value in the main manifest... or through player settings

10. NathanGroovy

NathanGroovy

I changed it in the player settings and that seems to help. I'm still getting errors but it's alot less.

This is what I'm getting in the console window:

11. liortal

liortal

You should install JDK 8, and then point your Unity installation to use that (under preferences -> external tools)

12. NathanGroovy

NathanGroovy

that fixed it!!!! :D Thanks so much for your help, I couldn't have done it without you.
    I know I didn't pay for your services. But if it's okay with you I can leave you a five-star review on your fiverr page.

13. liortal

liortal

Great. I don't think you can leave a review without an order :)

14. Technical_Techninier

Technical_Techninier

Hi liortal, I'm getting the similar error regarding the "Resolver" issue. But my is cannot find the play-service-basement[10.2.4]
    Below is the error log:

I have updated latest version of Android Support Repository and Google Repository in Android SDK manager.
    But the error still there :(
    Please help me.
    Thanks.

15. liortal

liortal

@HWToo did you resolve the issue? what play-services-xxx files do you have in your project right now ?

16. TedwaGameStudio

TedwaGameStudio

i'm get this error too...ple help me out...

ResolutionException: Cannot find candidate artifact for com.android.support:support-v4:24.0.0
    Google.JarResolver.PlayServicesSupport.GetDependencies (Google.JarResolver.Dependency dep, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 repoPaths)
    Google.JarResolver.PlayServicesSupport.GetTransitiveDependencies (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 dependencies, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 repoPaths)
    Google.JarResolver.PlayServicesSupport.FindMissingDependencyPaths (System.String destinationDirectory, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2& dependencyPaths, Google.JarResolver.ExplodeAar explodeAar)
    GooglePlayServices.ResolverVer1_1.DoResolution (Google.JarResolver.PlayServicesSupport svcSupport, System.String destinationDirectory, Google.JarResolver.OverwriteConfirmation handleOverwriteConfirmation, System.Action resolutionComplete)
    GooglePlayServices.PlayServicesResolver.Resolve (System.Action resolutionComplete)
    GooglePlayServices.PlayServicesResolver.MenuResolve ()

17. TedwaGameStudio

TedwaGameStudio

i'm using google play service 49