Search Unity

having trouble exporting UWP unity game after adding Xbox live plugin

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sp777, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Sp777

Sp777

I am creating a top-down multiplayer tank game for the Xbox one; it is straightforward however I have no idea why but I cannot export a build out from unity with the Xbox live assets imported as it gives me a variety of errors, about over 50 and I have no idea why. I do not get these errors if the plugin isn't in the project and I have had a successful build before but this was a while back when I didn't know what I was doing and was still relatively new, this wouldn't be a problem. However, this plugin is a requirement if you are publishing from the Xbox live creators program which I am doing. the error I get the most is as follows

Assets/Xbox Live/Scripts/ Leaderboard.vs error CS0234: the type or namespace "Xbox" does not exist in the namespace "Microsoft". Are you missing an assembly reference?

This error is repeated with all the scripts, not just the leaderboards. If anyone can help, then please do. in the morning I will build again and post the full error log in the comments

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hey, where did you get the plugin that you put into Unity?

3. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I don't know if the next image help you but I have set the external script editor as visual studio to solve the same problem before switch the Platform to UWP, best regards…

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  4. Sp777

Sp777

i was unable to solve the problem so i had to use unity collaborate to revert to a previous build and reimport all my assets again. it was a pain but it seems to be working again now

also this is the link i used to get the xbox live unity plugin
    https://github.com/Microsoft/xbox-live-unity-plugin