Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Official Having trouble accessing a Collaborate project?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by johng_unity, Jan 28, 2018.

1. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Every Unity Collaborate project is associated with an organization. Organizations have users and roles as well as the concept of subscription "seats". Projects also have users and roles.

In order to access a Collaborate project, you need both a Unity Teams seat (at the organization level) and, in addition, project level access.

If you are having trouble accessing a Collaborate project, whether from the "In the Cloud" section of the Launcher or from within the editor, here are a couple things to check:
    1. Make sure you have a Unity Teams seat in the organization that the project is in. To make sure you have a seat, the organization owner or manager should:
      1. Go to https://id.unity.com
      2. Select the organization that the project is in
      3. Select their Unity Teams subscription and check that you have a seat. If not, assign you one.
    2. Make sure you have access to the project. Organization owners and managers by default have access to all projects in an organization. However, if you are a User or Guest in the organization, you will also have to have explicit permissions on the project. In these situations, to give you access, the organization owner or manager should:
      1. go to https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/
      2. Select the project.
      3. Select the "Settings" section on the left.
      4. Select "Users" and then make sure you are added to the project.
    If you have a Unity Teams seat and you have access to the project, but are still receiving the message "Ask the organization owner for access", please try the following:
    1. Open the Unity editor.
    2. Open your project.
    3. At the top right of the editor open the Account dropdown and click on Sign Out
    4. In the same Account dropdown, click on Sign In and re-enter your credentials.​

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. Thirias

Thirias

i tried this many times the problem is still there .. what can i do ?

3. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Thirias --- what error/issue are you facing? If you can provide the error message you are receiving, that will help diagnose the problem.

4. Thirias

Thirias

The Collab Window says requires unity teams but we havbe unity teams im the owner of the Collab Project and a relog in the Account does not fix the Problem. When i start Unity it checkes for changes still over 30 minutes long and than it seems all right but when a little time ago the collab tab showes the error again and check for changes again.
    when my unity 2017.4 every half hour show the error and newly check for changes that leech min 30 minutes i dont use unity anymore thats to much time. sry for my bad english im from germany

If you have a Unity Teams seat and you have access to the project, but are still receiving the message "Ask the organization owner for access", please try the following:
    1. Open the Unity editor.
    2. Open your project.
    3. At the top right of the editor open the Account dropdown and click on Sign Out
    4. In the same Account dropdown, click on Sign In and re-enter your credentials.

this
    dont work for me

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  5. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Same for me.
    I have set up unity teams with just me as an owner
    Until yesterday, everything worked fine.
    Now i cannot open any project, even in the Unity Services via Webinterface.
    Nothing, no access.
    That's a pity ! I have something to give away on Monday, which is placed there...

I build the WebClient in the cloud, so ... inaccessable

6. Defiled

Defiled

7. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

same for me !

8. Thirias

Thirias

same here when i click on view on the projects site nothing happened

9. Hagyto

Hagyto

having the same problem too, catching a glimpse of a 404 error before returning to the projects page on any project

10. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

We've identified an issue that is affecting some customers in the EU region. We are currently investigating and will update when resolved.

Held0fTheWelt likes this.
  11. Thirias

Thirias

wow thats sound like you cant work on your project please wait a view months ...

Kamyab-MT likes this.
  12. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

After logging out and in, my account is working again.

Unity Editor and Webinterface - both handled the same.

13. Thirias

Thirias

for me dont work the solution every view minutes the collab says im not in teams than checking for changes over 30 minutes long

14. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Thirias --- would you be able to send an email to collabsupport@unity3d.com including the project id that you are working on and a quick summary of the problem you are facing? That would allow us to debug the issue you are facing further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

15. Thirias

Thirias

okay i send a mail to the collab suppert thanks

16. WhiterBoy

WhiterBoy

My friend can go into the project but he cannot see anything that i've made. I've been saving it as well.

17. mgear

mgear

18. dpappa127

dpappa127

19. dpappa127

dpappa127

I am not having an issue with the organization or the seats in Collab. I have a class with 18 students working in teams of two. One student (the owner) invites the other student as a team member (user) and we see that on his screen. The invited student can see the project title "grayed out" in his project window, but nothing shows up in his game or scene. Do we have to locate it somewhere? Is it in NEW project? ADD project? Both their collab buttons have a check and say up to date. Everything appears to be ok, but the invited user cannot open or find the owners project anywhere. Please help!

20. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @cam093gaming, have you made sure to Publish your saved changes using the Collaborate Toolbar? Did you also make sure to add your friend to your project from the Developer Dashboard? There's an Invite Members button in the Collaborate Toolbar that should get you in the right direction.

21. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @mgear, thank you for pointing out the outdated documentation there, I'll make a note to have that updated soon.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles downloading your project. Did you verify in the Collab website's Timeline tab that your recent changes have been published and are in the Cloud? If you do have pending changes in the Timeline then can you please get in touch with our Support team by clicking on the Support tab under the Collaborate section in the left panel and clicking on Open A Ticket? Please include your Unity Editor and Hub versions along with a link to this forum post so that we can better assist you. Thank you!

22. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @dpappa127, does each pair of students work in their own Organization or are all 18 of them in the same Organization with only half of them listed as Owners? In the Unity Hub, where the student sees their project grayed out, do they see a download button in the far right or an orange warning symbol asking them to get Unity Teams? If they need Unity Teams then the student needs to be assigned a Teams seat to download the project. I hope that helps to clear things up and please let me know if you have any other questions.

23. dpappa127

dpappa127

So students work in pairs. One student creates a team in an organization (the organization is automatically generated with a number in the title, so it appears as though each pair of students has a newly generated organization name). In their dashboard, the owner of the project, invites the other student and then we see both the owners and user name listed with the word YES next to their names as being members of the team. If you click on the collab button, it says, up to date and if we republish, it goes through the process and gets a check mark. Everything seems to be ok, but then, one student has the project showing in his window and the other has nothing. Yet, we do see the project name, grayed out in his Unity hub window. How do we make the user connect? We can't seem to do that.

24. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Ah, can you make sure that all members in the project are at least Managers, not Users? Users are able to see projects in an Organization but cannot download them to allow for Owners and Managers to organize their teams without needing to give everyone access to every project. We do want to allow individually added Users in a project to have access to it, but currently that isn't set up.

25. dpappa127

dpappa127

Ok, I will have to check that on Monday. No class today. I wish there were some directives that I could give students when attempting to set up the collaboration so that they don't have all these issues. I didn't see that you needed to make members "managers" anywhere in the manual under collaboration, but might have missed that. Right now, all the students are setting up as owners and then inviting their partners as "users" so I will have them change that and see what happens. Thank you!

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  26. Miloslav_KV

Miloslav_KV

27. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Miloslav_KV, I'm afraid that Collaborate was only in beta for Unity 5.4 where users needed to be whitelisted through the beta program before they could use it. The beta ended years ago so this method is not supported anymore. The earliest version of Unity that supports Collaborate is 5.5.0. You will need to upgrade to at least that version if you wish to continue using Collaborate.

Miloslav_KV likes this.
  28. Miloslav_KV

Miloslav_KV

Thank you now works

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  29. Nepachu

Nepachu

I'm getting this issue, me and my friend already has Unity teams, and it still gives us this issue. So we need help with solving this Issue. Capture.PNG

30. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Nepachu, have you made sure that you assigned a Teams seat to yourself and your friend? You can do this by going to id.unity.com, clicking on the Organizations tab, then under Subscriptions there should be either a Teams Basic or Teams Advanced subscription listed. Click on the gear icon next to them to Manage your Seats. From there, you can assign any available Teams seats to the members of your Organization. Then you both should have no issue accessing your projects from the Hub.

31. Nepachu

Nepachu

@ryanc-unity I have assigned a seat to my friend, and he still gets this error, I also have tried removing him from the organization and re-adding him back, and we still get the same issue. We also did check if everything was set up, and it's all set up as well.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  32. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

That is very odd and I'm sorry that things aren't working as they're supposed to. I would also check if your teammate has restarted Unity Hub after being given a seat to see if they still don't have access. If that doesn't work then please submit a Support Ticket from the Unity Dashboard/Collaborate section so that we can investigate this issue further.

33. Nepachu

Nepachu

@ryanc-unity Here is the support ticket: 775892

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated!!

34. Inocencious

Inocencious

i have the same issue

35. MuhammadHaseeb56

MuhammadHaseeb56

i have problem to access the project i m the member of the project but when i open the project from unity it takes time to download almost 3.5 gb after that nothing appear in the project

36. MuhammadHaseeb56

MuhammadHaseeb56

The project is downloaded from the cloud but instead of opening it, Unity opens a new project. Please help.

37. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Nepachu and @Inocencious, sorry for the delayed response. Are you both still experiencing issues with accessing your projects?

HI @MuhammadHaseeb56, it sounds like your issue is a little different. In the Project's folder that's downloaded, can you go into the Library/Collab/Download folder to see if there are any assets there? If there aren't, then could you try opening Unity with the "--enableCollabEventLogs" argument, try to download your project again, then DM your Editor.log file so that we can debug the issue further?

38. MuhammadHaseeb56

MuhammadHaseeb56

thank you so much i solved the issue thank you

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  39. marcrichter05

marcrichter05

I have the same problem as @Nepachu

40. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @marcrichter05, apologies for the delayed response. On the Dashboard for your Project, have you double checked on the Users tab that both you and your teammates have been assigned a Teams seat?

41. the-17th-wolf

the-17th-wolf

upload_2020-4-11_11-53-26.png
    Sorry to bother.
    hi,I am new in unity ,and I am using unity 2018.4.19,meet a problem about collab,and here is my question:
    My teammates are in Italy , I am in China ,and to our project ,I found no collab button, and they are no problem about this,except me.And I made sure I am in the right seat in organization.
    and I cannot update the project ,no matter they added what in it , I cannot see.I wonder if it's because I am in China,if it is,What can I do to solve it?
    :(

Attached Files:

42. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @the-17th-wolf, I'm sorry you're having issues connecting to the Collaborate service. Can you confirm that you have Unity Collaborate installed by opening up the Package Manager window and seeing if any version of Collaborate is installed? If it is then can you try removing then reinstalling Collaborate from the Package Manager?

If that doesn't resolve the issue then check if you can access the following domains:
    If you have issues connecting to any of then then you should check if your VPN or firewall is setup to allow those connections through.

43. the-17th-wolf

the-17th-wolf

Thanks a lot.
    I found out that I can't go to : googleapis.com , cloud.unity3d.com , unity3d.com these three websites,so I used VPN and SSR to connect the Internet.
    And problem solved , thanks again for your replying. It‘s very helpful.:)

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  44. Blindsighted

Blindsighted

I had this issue and it was fixed by signing out and then signing back in on the Launcher. Access granted. Very silly bug.

If there are no plans to fix this, maybe put the workaround in the instructions? It's a feature at this point if it's been going on for two years.

45. Lucalme

Lucalme

Hi, i'm trying to acces collab via lubuntu 16.04 and unity 2019.3.12f and it doesn't work.
    I'm able to connect to the hub and it shows my different projects. but when i open them i don't have any assets loaded. In the projects folder none of the assets are downloaded.
    I think it's an issue of the server connection time running out too quick and therefore i can't download the project.
    Is there some specific network access that i need to grant to unity in order to download those files?

46. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

47. ZEUSCREATION

ZEUSCREATION

me and my team members have created a project and have arranged the seats properly, but when I open the project which the project my team member has done some progress..it's empty right from scratch..nothing

48. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @ZEUSCREATION, in the project on your machine, can you open the Collab History window? Does it show the commits made by your teammate? If it does, can you press Restore in that window (assuming you don't have any local changes that you'd like to save, otherwise they'll be overwritten) to reset the project to the latest version?

49. michelegray

michelegray

Hello - I have read through the possible solutions for an empty project opening when accessing a colab project. I am a manager and when i open the same project everyone is working on I have a completely blank project. I do not have a restore button in the collab history window. I only show all of the updates with the update buttons. I have logged out and back in. Yes it is activated in the services window.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  50. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @michelegray, does your project not have any assets in the Project Window or are there files there (like materials, scripts, scenes, etc)? If it has assets, then are you able to open any Scene files? If there are no assets, and the Collab Toolbar says that you are fully synced, then have you tried closing your project, deleting your CollabSnapshot file in the Library/Collab folder, reopening your project, then waiting for it to resync to see if you can pull the latest changes?