Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Having the Iinsert Image show what links work

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by GIRsMySpritAnimal, Nov 22, 2017.

1. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

It would be helpful for those who are new to know what types of links are supported for putting images in a post.
    I don;t know how and having info there right when you click would be most helpful

2. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

All links should work, as long as they're a direct link to the image and the image is not above 4mb in size.

3. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

Are Google Drive Images OK? bc the same link i download them at don't work
    Imgur too? Neither are working for me. I only get red x's instead

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  4. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

I see your posts.
    One of the links you are trying to embed is https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WcXLcSU6sIyBukr2qj1XxEQgSLRJpyyP/view , this is not a direct link to the image resource, but a link to the site that previews the image.
    You will have to get the direct link to the image, usually you can just right click the image and do either "Copy image URL", or "Open image in a new tab" and then get the url from the address bar.
    The above image would then be https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/g...0TWO4CYOpZ7AznfEjTB8Q1XNgPcUpZ=w2560-h1245-rw

But, I think Google Drive might not like people hotlinking images stored on Drive, so they have some features to disallow that. Imgur is a solid alternative though (remember to get the direct url), or you can upload the photo to the forum

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You can simply drag and drop images onto your post directly; much simpler that way.

--Eric

Arlorean likes this.
  6. sngdan

sngdan

i wish this would also work for private messages... (deja vu, I think I said that before)

7. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It does work in PMs, but apparently not for everybody. Maybe only moderators? Probably a forum setting somewhere.

--Eric

8. sngdan

sngdan

deja vu, again - I think I recall that it has been working for you. I would love to figure out if this is related to your moderator status or some setting in my control.

9. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

Heya,
    This should be possible now, thanks for reporting it!

10. sngdan

sngdan

Traveling and access from phone so can’t test it right now - but can’t wait to try it. I should have filed a bug report long ago - lesson learnt

11. GIRsMySpritAnimal

GIRsMySpritAnimal

Thank you!