Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Having Problems Getting My Project To Actually Fit In Screen (Novice Problems)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Crash370, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Crash370

Crash370

So in short, I am having problems with the build resolution, and could really use the help of someone with actual competence in Unity.

I have been building a (initially) simple enough project using the Unity canvas that grew increasingly complicated over time, and now has lots of different pieces, that move and change sizes depending on what is written into them. Having done all that, I build the final version and naturally it's doesn't fit in camera. Screenshot Of Build Is Linked Here.

I’ve known for a little while that this would become an issue, though I wasn’t entirely sure why because I was working within the canvas space. I did note that the scaling on the game screen in Unity itself was set to below 1 x, but I decided to finish the project itself before addressing it. If this sounds stupid, it’s because it probably was and I own that. Oddly in the build itself the resolution seems to be different to the game screen - the build seems to be 0.935 scale of the actual 1x build in Unity itself. Screenshot Of The Build In Unity Is Linked Here.

I have fiddled around with the canvas and camera. Most notably, I upped the resolution in ‘Scale With Screen Size’ in order to fit it all inside. The problem here is that this destroys the project - objects don’t appear in the right place, objects are too large and distorted, and it would take a lot of work to fix if I went (or have to go) that route - hopefully I don't and this is a simple fix.

All I really want to do is increase the size of the camera to fit the main screen inside - but I’m struggling to figure out how to do that - and struggling to find the answer elsewhere. I would have thought that increasing the camera size would actually do that - but that doesn’t seem to change anything so far. So any help on how to make it all fit would be very appreciated, and I would owe you the soul of a loved one, or somesuch.

Link To Camera Inspector
    Link To Canvas Inspector

Above are some more pictures of the canvas and camera options. Hopefully that’s all the information required to understand what’s happening.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020