Search Unity

Bug Having Multiple projects open is causing trouble

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Salmakis, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Salmakis

Salmakis

Its not that big problem so far, i can just close and reopen the Editor so that its ok.

just wanted to tell.

the path "D:/GitRepos/MinerGame2DPlus..." that this error is refering to is in another project, that i had open at the same time for a while (but now closed)
    (i had the project "D:/GitRepos/Idolators" open while i had this message spamming more than 999 times)

ArgumentException: Unknown Type:`null` All ComponentType must be known at compile time. For generic components, each concrete type must be registered with [RegisterGenericComponentType].
    Unity.Entities.TypeManager.ManagedException (System.Type type) (at D:/GitRepos/MinerGame2DPlus/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-pre.15/Unity.Entities/Types/TypeManager.cs:1685)
    Unity.Entities.TypeManager.GetTypeIndex (System.Type type) (at D:/GitRepos/MinerGame2DPlus/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-pre.15/Unity.Entities/Types/TypeManager.cs:1717)
    Unity.Entities.Editor.EntityQueryContentProvider+ComponentTypeAdapter.TryDeserialize (System.String json, Unity.Entities.ComponentType& value) (at D:/GitRepos/MinerGame2DPlus/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-pre.15/Unity.Entities.Editor/Content/EntityQuery/EntityQueryContentProvider.cs:244)
    Unity.Entities.Editor.EntityQueryContentProvider.GetStatus () (at D:/GitRepos/MinerGame2DPlus/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-pre.15/Unity.Entities.Editor/Content/EntityQuery/EntityQueryContentProvider.cs:156)
    Unity.Entities.UI.ContentProvider.MoveNext () (at D:/GitRepos/MinerGame2DPlus/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-pre.15/Unity.Entities.Editor/ContentProvider/Selection/ContentProvider.cs:12)
    Unity.Entities.UI.DisplayContent.Update () (at D:/GitRepos/MinerGame2DPlus/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-pre.15/Unity.Entities.Editor/ContentProvider/Selection/Internal/DisplayContent.cs:58)
    Unity.Entities.UI.ContentWindow.Update () (at D:/GitRepos/MinerGame2DPlus/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-pre.15/Unity.Entities.Editor/ContentProvider/Selection/Internal/ContentWindow.cs:89)
    UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at <d5cfe1b7a8b8455dae78439447671342>:0)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at <d5cfe1b7a8b8455dae78439447671342>:0)

its Unity 2022.2.0b16 with Entities 1.0.0-pre.15

kmowers likes this.