Search Unity

Having Issues with Single Pass Deferred Rendering on Oculus Quest

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Optrix, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Optrix

Optrix

I'm trying to target Oculus Quest for our application. We use deferred rendering to improve lighting while still allowing dynamic batching (our scenes are generated at runtime, so we can't bake lighting or static-batching in).

We are having a rough time getting the Oculus working with **single pass** mode and **deferred rendering**.

Everything but UI surfaces are completely black - we don't even get to see the skybox. LOGCAT is spamming the message below...

OPENGL NATIVE PLUG-IN ERROR: GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION: Framebuffer is not complete or incompatible with command

Is single-pass deferred rendering actually supported on Oculus Quest? We have - once or twice - had our left eye working, but in that case our right eye is black and also spamming the message above.

Even with forward rendering we've had some issues - textures missing on one eye for example - but using deferred has been a nightmare.

2. sharkapps

sharkapps

For the record, I also had problems with just blackness when building single pass deferred. I did not have time to look at the logcat, just went back to forward and am noticing some strangeness as well -- textures black until turning head, missing in one eye. I am on 2018.3.12f1, have not tried multi-pass deferred.