Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Having issue with syncing my Collab project. Error: "cannot get diff between revisions"

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by hackerdestin, Jan 30, 2022.

1. hackerdestin

hackerdestin

Sorry if this post isn't very good, my English is not the best. I am currently a student taking game design in highschool class and we work on unity in class. I have been using collab in order to access my project from home, like a one person team so I am the only one using it just from different computers.

Everything was fine when I was at school and so I uploaded changes to collaborate; however, when I got home and click "Sync" I got an error right away that says "Cannot get diff between revisions" and nothing else to tell me what this means.

Im still new to unity so I don't know if there is some kind of log file you might need in order to help me.

Im also worried that the Plastic SCM popup I got messed up my project somehow. I clicked it because it said it would be fast and simple but I ended up going through a long confusing process so I just turned Plastic SCM off.

All I want is to just get my most recent project off the cloud and be done with this. Please help

upload_2022-1-30_17-5-37.png

2. jovlisen

jovlisen

I'm also having this problem.

3. phuong_unity

phuong_unity

If you are receiving the error "Cannot get diff between revisions", it's possible your project has been archived and upgraded to Plastic SCM. I've attached a screenshot that shows where on the UDP dashboard to find if Collaborate has been migrated to Plastic SCM.
    To access your project after the migration, you have to a certain date to download the archived repository on the Collaborate dashboard, or you can use Plastic SCM where the repository will always be available. More details can be found on this Plastic SCM page: https://www.plasticscm.com/plasticscm-cloud-edition/migrate-unity-projects/

Attached Files:

4. mmntlh

mmntlh

Hello phuong_unity, my project is now also migrated to Plastic scm, but I don't have any in-editor option to access Plastic (I am using 2019.4.5f1 LTS), and there is no package in package manager.

5. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The package that includes Plastic SCM is called Version Control. Could you please look into this one and update it to the latest available for your Unity version?

6. mmntlh

mmntlh

Hi, Thanks for the reply, this is what I am getting in the Package Manager:
    upload_2022-2-16_23-7-38.png

7. Greg_Littlefield

Greg_Littlefield

We are having the exact same error here. (also the console says "[Collab] Archive::ArchiveError: Unable to perform requested action on a project that has been archived" although our project is not archived). But it appears it is because we are using Unity 2018 which cannot be migrated to Plastic; so we're getting this weird error.

8. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi guys!

I'm afraid the migration is going to be happening to all projects and organizations. Is you're seeing this issue, you've probably been migrated to Plastic SCM and if you're on unsupported version, you need to set up the Plastic SCM client.

To get started, you need to download the client from here (Cloud Edition), install it and log in with your Unity ID account. After this, you'd be able to find your project in 'Repositories' from the left side menu. When you find it, you right-click on it -> Crate workspace for this repository. In a new popup, you'd need to choose a local folder where you want your repository to be downloaded and, after you create a local folder, you'll see a green button in the top-right corner offering you to update. After you click on it, you'll get your project's files to this local folder downloaded from Plastic SCM and will be ready to continue working.

9. ohsalmeron

ohsalmeron

I can't see my project on Plastic SCM