Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Having Huge Trouble Retargeting

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Clydey2Times, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Clydey2Times

Clydey2Times

Hey all,

I purchased some bespoke mocap animations for my custom character. Unfortunately, I'm having real issues retargeting the animations to my character. I've tried my usual steps (humanoid, enforce T-pose, rotating bones), but the animations are still a mess.

I have no idea what to do. I don't want to have wasted money on animations that will ultimately be useless. Can anyone offer some guidance?

Here are some images of the respective avatars and how crooked the animation(s) look.

My Avatar: MyAvatar.jpg

Avatar from the bespoke animations:
    AnimationAvatar.jpg

When applied to my character, the animations are crooked. Especially the head, feet and hands.
    Hands_Head.jpg

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me. I'm totally at a loss. Thanks.

2. Clydey2Times

Clydey2Times

3. Clydey2Times

Clydey2Times

This is a help forum, right? Because at least half of the posts end up with no replies.

4. Clydey2Times

Clydey2Times

Cheers guys. Very helpful.

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Check docs for correct bone naming etc. I only use generic rigs but I recall auto muscle setup is naming dependent and if your names are different you need to set that up manually. It is in the docs.

6. Clydey2Times

Clydey2Times

Thanks for the reply. I'm not getting any issues with the bone names. No errors are occurring unless I switch the avatar for the animations.

Enforcing a t-pose doesn't really help. It's clearly not the same as the t-pose on my rig. Is there a way to make the t-pose for the animation avatar identical to the one from my character's rig?

unityunity