Search Unity

Have you seen any of these game bugs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesArndt, May 9, 2021.

1. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Reminds me of so many common game bugs and gotchas. In the vein of meaningful discussion, does anyone have any good stories/screengrabs/videos of some of the worst bugs you found yourself having to fix?

2. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Wow, they really amped up the graphics on Cyberpunk.

JamesArndt likes this.
  3. They are aiming for the proud players of Bethesda (Ubi-)Softworks.

4. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

It does, but if the purpose of that ad is to convince me that this telco understands gaming and can therefore give me the best gaming experience then they failed pretty dramatically. A good number of the bugs in there have nothing to do with network lag or latency. So either they don't understand it very well or it's willfully misleading advertising. Either way, not good.

NotaNaN, JamesArndt and BennyTan like this.
  5. neginfinity

neginfinity

I think it would work better as an SSD advert, because a good portion of the issues there are related to slow data streaming from storage and not network latency.

JamesArndt likes this.
  6. Murgilod

Murgilod

7. MDADigital

MDADigital

I was together with a girl with a miltary career dad once. You could not watch a good war movie with him because he was sitting all the time pointing out all the errors

stain2319 likes this.
  8. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

If it were purely for entertainment I'd be groovy with it. But they're using it to sell something.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  9. MDADigital

MDADigital

You are fun at parties? I have seen ADs that talk about 8-bit gfx but they have at least a 24 bit color palett. Just chill

10. neginfinity

neginfinity

Well, sometimes adverts are fun, and when you can't buy whatever they're advertising in the first place, they could be entertaining.

Not_Sure likes this.
  11. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I did ascertain this ad was about poor gaming experiences due to network latency and how their service could negate all of that. I thought it was interesting to see issues I've seen occur in projects with no networking whatsoever. For instance in this ad I noticed quite a bit of objects either flickering in and out of view, disappearing or seemingly randomly appearing in view. I've had to resolve dozens to maybe hundreds of bugs in games due to culling/PVS systems and objects not being assigned to view areas properly.

12. stain2319

stain2319

I admit, the kid riding the bike "not on the bike" gave me a good laugh

13. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

It was funny.

I wish these were the sort of bugs I encounter.

Honestly I look at these clipping and rigging bugs and am dumbfounded why AAA studios like Bethesda get them.

Especially the group of items on a surface, you pick one up, then they all suddenly jerk in the same direction and fall.

Like how is this company taking in billions per game and still have these issues is beyond me.

JamesArndt likes this.