Search Unity

Have you guys checked out Unruly Heroes?

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by N1ghtrunner, Jan 25, 2019.

1. N1ghtrunner

N1ghtrunner

Unruly Heroes released this week! Some of the game is features on the unity homepage, and I believe that it's been crafted by a small team of ex-Ubisoft chaps who have formed their own Indie Studio.

I was kind of dismayed that it wasn't on the front page of Steam! The only reason I realised it had been released was because I subscribed to their Youtube channel.

Anyway, this is a 2D platformer similair to Rayman, and I think for anyone wanting to see an exemplary example of what Unity as an engine is capable of supporting in a game, this is it! I bought the game from Steam and have really, really enjoyed the mechanics of it so far.

Please support these dudes and go check it out!

2. RichardKain

RichardKain

I was a little surprised that this game wasn't created with the Ubi-Art engine. It's look is very reminiscent of Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends. It makes sense that some ex-Ubisoft guys made it, but it is encouraging that they were able to get so close to that style using Unity. (the recent Rayman games have been gorgeous)

3. N1ghtrunner

N1ghtrunner

I guess if they left Ubisoft they probably no longer had access to that engine and needed an alternative. I've been exceptionally impressed with the mechanics that they implemented in the game. I look at how the camera moves and shakes, zooms in and out, the way the levels are contructed and how you move between platforms and through objects, how different heroes do different things based on the same input. I'm fairly early on in my journey of Unity dev (about a year) and as mentioned I just find it inspiring. I hope alot of people pick up the game to support the team behind it, but also to get a view on what can be achieved.