Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Have XDK, need Unity module

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dotmos, Jul 27, 2015.

1. dotmos

dotmos

I don't know what would be the right sub forum for this question, so i am posting it here:

We recently got our XDKs from microsoft and now need the Unity 5 module so we can deploy our game to them. I sent an email to Alex McCredie a week ago but did not hear back from him, so i am posting here now.
    Please let me know what data you need to get us set-up.

Also, we recently got access to ps4 devnet and will be ordering devkits soon. Again, please let me know what data you need from us so you can set us up on the Unity side of things for deploying to ps4.

If possible, please send your reply to: wolfgang [at] gentlymad.org

It would be awesome to showcase our game on one of the xdks at gamescom in addition to mobile and desktop. ( I have no idea how long the overall process will take, so this wish might be a bit naive. ;) )

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

I believe this is taken care of through Microsoft, not directly through Unity and due to the nature of the NDAs you certainly won't find much information on the public forum. I would send an email directly to id@xbox.com from your registered account. They are good about getting back relatively quickly and should be able to get you the information you need.

3. dotmos

dotmos

Microsoft told us to contact unity, which we did by email but got no reply. That's the reason i am posting here.
    Now you say we have to contact Microsoft, which we already did.

So what now? Contact Microsoft again, tell them we contacted Unity and that they sent us back again? :)

(Actually that's exactly what i'm going to do now)

Manny Calavera likes this.
  4. greg-harding

greg-harding

Like some other devs, we are currently waiting for this process to happen as well (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/xbox-one.340931/).

Microsoft have been very good with quick support etc. but the process has stalled somewhere between Microsoft / Unity for Unity to get back to us with Unity Xbox licenses/builds. Our Xbox devkits are currently gathering a bit of dust...

5. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

I've checked with the Xbox team, and confirmed: Your account manager is responsible for obtaining the licenses on your behalf. They're supposed to have the contact details for Ryan in our Seattle office, and should be liasing with him to get the licenses issued. They should then be passing the license on to you once they get it.

Dustin-Horne likes this.
  6. greg-harding

greg-harding

hi Richard, thanks for your reply. In our case IDSetup@MS said they submitted our request to Unity a few weeks ago after sorting out some provisioning issues we had. We'll follow up again to find out who knows what.

7. dotmos

dotmos

Thank you for your replies.

I got a mail from Unity Support that cleared everything up :)

For xbox, send a mail to ID account manager, as Richard already stated above. You can find the mail address in the latest ID newsletter.

For ps4, have a look at the unity subforum on devnet. I was just being blind ;)