Search Unity

Have UnityPlayer.dll but still get missing UnityPlayer.dll error

Discussion in 'Windows' started by utkarshdwivedi3997, Jul 20, 2019.

1. utkarshdwivedi3997

utkarshdwivedi3997

So I'm currently working on a game and we have a demo up on itch, and we've never had this issue with anyone who has downloaded the game except now one person says that they are getting a UnityPlayer.dll is missing issue. I made sure that they had extracted all the contents of the build's zip file, not just the executable, and they were still getting the issue. I then sent them an unzipped version of the build containing all the necessary files and folders, but that didn't solve the issue either.

It's the same build that runs on all computers I have tested on and a lot of people have downloaded the game on itch.io, so I don't know what could be causing the issues.

At this point I assume it's something wrong with the build that makes it not recognize the UnityPlayer.dll file in specific PC configurations, and that's not good. Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to figure out what's going on and how to help solve this issue?

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I have not ever seen this before. Do you know how they're launching the game? Are they double clicking on it? Do you know what OS version they on?

3. utkarshdwivedi3997

utkarshdwivedi3997

Double clicking, yes. And they have Windows 10, 64 bit.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I'm literally stumped. I have no idea what could cause this. I assume the gamer is not technical? Any chance he could send you a screenshot of what he's seeing?

5. BobBobson108

BobBobson108

Hey everyone, just had this problem happen with a client and it's because their browser was downloading the app to a Temp folder instead of to the actual "Downloads" folder, which is why it couldn't run properly. The files still show up in the "Downloads" Quick Access in Windows, so it can be confusing for users as to where it went if they weren't paying careful attention, or have the browser set up to automatically download to Temp.

utkarshdwivedi3997 likes this.
  6. legendaryzai6836

legendaryzai6836

wait how do i stop it tho-

7. EWASIMPEV

EWASIMPEV

I don't know how i did this but click files find the game and drag and drop it to your desktop then right click and extract all files then i think it should work