Search Unity

Have to restart SteamVR to switch to different Unity files

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by archgary, Sep 12, 2020.

1. archgary

archgary

Hi,

recently, I am working on several Unity projects with SteamVR, and having the problem that I will have to restart the whole SteamVR everytime when I switch to another project. The error shows as "Error loading action manifest into SteamVR:mismatchedActionManifest".

I've searched for the solution, like this discussion: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steamvr_unity_plugin/issues/315.
    It seems that "to restart" for cleaning up would be the solution. I cannot recall if this is how it should work when I am developing the projects. And it seems it might relate to the controller binding as well as the actions.json file.

Yes, to restart will solve the problem but just curious is there anyone who has the same issue with the solution to not to do this everytime.
    If "to restart" is the only solution, I can bear with it.

The first pic shows when I start a file, the steamVR will try to still stream the previous file.
    The second pic shows the warning debug of the code.
    Which are:
    [SteamVR] Error loading action manifest into SteamVR: MismatchedActionManifest
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:IdentifyActionsFile(Boolean) (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/SteamVR_Input.cs:1380)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR:CreateInstance() (at Assets/SteamVR/Scripts/SteamVR.cs:197)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR:Initialize(Boolean) (at Assets/SteamVR/Scripts/SteamVR.cs:103)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Behaviour:InitializeSteamVR(Boolean) (at Assets/SteamVR/Scripts/SteamVR_Behaviour.cs:119)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Behaviour:Awake() (at Assets/SteamVR/Scripts/SteamVR_Behaviour.cs:100)

Thank you for whoever answers in advance. Appreciate it!

Attached Files:

2. archgary

archgary

After re-checking the forum, and I was lucky to fix the problem by doing this:

Go to your project file, and delete both the "SteamVR_Settings.asset" and "SteamVR_Settings.asset.meta" files under the Assets\SteamVR_Resources\Resources.

(In other words, go to "YourUnityPorjectFile\Assets\SteamVR_Resources\Resources" and delete both the "SteamVR_Settings.asset" and "SteamVR_Settings.asset.meta" files.)

And restart your project, the new "SteamVR_Settings.asset" and "SteamVR_Settings.asset.meta" will be generated, then the problem solved.

Hope this helps people who has the same problem.

Thank you.