Search Unity

Have to rebuild addressables every once in a while

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by TJHeuvel-net, Jun 1, 2020.

1. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Sometimes my builds get broken, and i have to manually go and rebuild the bundles via Build > New Bundles. Why is this, sometimes it does seem to work? Do i have to do this all the time, why isnt this a part of the build pipeline?

2. SviperSniper

SviperSniper

We also have to clean and rebuild them from time to time on our build server.
    Suddenly the sprites from Atlases do not work anymore. Even clearing via the build script does not fix the issue.
    We have to start Unity on the build server and clean them manually.

3. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

My issue is that i dont know exactly what i change to require it, i dont have accurate steps to repo it. So how do i report an issue?

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

5. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Thanks, though I said that there is no clear way to reproduce it, so its difficult to report.

> In order for us to fix the issue, we need to be able to reproduce it
    This is my (our, SviperSniper has it too) issue, there are no clear steps to repo.

6. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

Hmm, same here. I think it happened after I upgrade from 2019 to 2020, but am not sure.

7. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

I did a bunch of things and am not really sure which seems to have fixed it. I upgraded Unity to latest on 2020. I removed Addressables via Package Manager and readded them. I also deleted the whole Library directory so that Unity could recreate it. Now Addressables are working well again without the need to constantly rebuild them. I think one of the actions I mention fixed it, unfortunately I was trying to fix a different problem so was not checking Addressables constantly so can't say which of the actions did it. But if you're having issues with Addressables you might want to try one of the steps I did to see if it helps.