Search Unity

Question Have new Web GL Project. What are my analytics options?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Battlefly-Jyro, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Battlefly-Jyro

Battlefly-Jyro

Hey,

I have a new project that will only be launched using Web GL. I have done the work of implementing the new analytics system and everything works fine in editor. I try to deploy and the game throws an error. I now see that Web GL isn't supported.

I have done the steps of instead replacing all the calls with the legacy analytics system, but I don't see any events coming up in the gaming services event browser. If I toggle the legacy analytics system enabled on and off however, I get an error message about Legacy Systems no longer accepting new projects (Despite the toggle remaining on?). So I assume that error message is accurate and it simply won't process my analytics calls with the legacy system.

Does anyone know what my options are here? Currently it seems like there are no longer any Unity Analytics tools for Web Gl available at all, which is quite a problem.

2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing your problem. Yes, you are correct, Legacy Analytics is being retired and is no longer accepting new projects, with the new Gaming Services Analytics being the preferred option. However, as you have identified, we don't have support for WebGL builds in the new Analytics service yet.

Our product and engineering team are investigating and we will post an update here when we have further news of a workaround or permenant solution. In the meantime, can you please send me a DM or open a support ticket containing your ProjectId and OrganizationId and I will see if we can get Legacy Analytics re-enabled on your project.

3. Battlefly-Jyro

Battlefly-Jyro

Thank you for the response! DM sent

Laurie-Unity likes this.