Search Unity

Feedback Have a way to ignore overrides of a component of a gameobject under a prefab

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by AnomalusUndrdog, Mar 11, 2019.

1. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

I have a prefab based on an fbx file with some of the bones exposed via "Extra Transforms to Expose"

And then I have an Attack Editor script to animate the 3d model within the Unity Editor (via Animator.Update()). I always make sure to move the 3d model back to the same initial pose when the Attack Editor is closed.

But the prefab keeps thinking the position, rotation (and sometimes scale) of the bones have been overriden. Right now, these are all just noise to me, preventing me from clearly seeing overrides that really matter. I'd prefer to have a way to force Unity to ignore changes to the transforms of these bones, since they will keep moving anyway. Something similar to the concept of a .gitignore file.

Seromu likes this.
  2. Baste

Baste

Could you report that as a bug?

Unity has a bunch of issues with rounding errors for position, rotation and scale causing scene and prefabs to get dirtied a whole lot more than they should. Some of it has been fixed, but a lot remains. It's really hard to create good repro cases, but it looks like you've got one.