Search Unity

Has Unity given up on offline?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by asdffdsgdssed, May 13, 2019.

1. asdffdsgdssed

asdffdsgdssed

It seems impossible to use the latest version in an offline computer.

Offline installation following the instructions in the documentation didn't work anymore. I finally managed to install the editor, but it refuses to do anything without the hub, and the hub refuses to do anything without internet.

Manual activation doesn't apper to be working anymore.

I can still work on old projects by opening them directly, but I can't start any new projects because the editor insists on doing it via the hub, and the hub refuses to do anything because it can't contact "authentication service". I'm using the free version.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Yeah. While some are happy for hub and Unity versioning, some of use are unhappy on shoveling hub by force, in our throat. I had occasional problems with logo, going offline. But unfortunately, I am too often in network range, to become a nuisance. What I do sometimes, I simply dont close Unity. Sometimes open even two instances, if expecting me to be outside network range. Then I don't need to worry about network/hub/licensing burden. Sure, that may not be ideal, but at least workaround for me.