Search Unity

Has Unity 2019.1.11.f1 solved the broken Unity Recorder problem yet?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Jeffglobal, Jul 24, 2019.

?

How often have you found Unity breaking their own asset packages?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2019.
  1. Often

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sometimes

100.0%
  3. Rarely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal

As stated in the title. Anyone get Unity Recorder to work after 2018.3?

Previz doesn't happen if I can't do dailies, and my voxel actresses are threatening a work stoppage.

What are people using instead of Unity Recorder given it's broken? Or they just roooooll back?

2. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Jeffglobal,

Are you using Asset Store Recorder ?

If so, it is deprecated for 2018.3+. Install Recorder package preview instead.
    Don't forget to remove Asset Store Recorder from your Assets folder.

See https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-recorder-update.509458/page-7#post-4368544

If not, please provide more information such as OS versions, Recorder version, package you are using (ex: HDRP...), console log, Recorder settings...
    Recorder has, for sure, some bugs that need to be fixed, but it should not not work at all.

Thanks !

3. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal

k, ty. I have rolled back to 2018, I'll switch to a 2019 project and try it there with the other asset package that was not so deprecated, (didn't know there was such a thing as an adv option to show preview packages), and I'll give you guys the error that comes up if it comes up again. Little gun shy, I took the day off watching the 1981 Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  4. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal

I decided for the moment not to update to 11f1, I'm running 2019.1.10f1 on Windows 10, and none of the preview versions will even install.

I am sufficiently green using the software to not necessarily be able to tell if it's my ignorance or it just doesn't work, which compounds the issue.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  5. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

This seems to be a network issue. Is that possible your firewall blocked this host ?

Can you install packages not in preview ?

6. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal

I will verify that's not the case presently. ty for any input.

7. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

8. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal

9. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal

It was as simple as stopping my antivirus/firewall/antiransom software. Can't they all get along? Nope, so for the few minutes I was completely naked and unprotected using a high speed therefore, very desireable hackable router, I've downloaded the preview versions of the software and updated to 2019.??f12, cause I ain't doing 2019.2, nty.

Uh oh, I didn't turn it back on...I wonder what the stuxnet grandkids have in store for my internet appliance...