Search Unity

Resolved Has anyone gotten the Reverb G2 and Unity working together?

Discussion in 'VR' started by mikerz1985, Nov 14, 2020.

1. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

It appears that the XR loader thinks that it has loaded, but there is no tracking and the headset doesn't change what it was doing -- it stays in the WMR Portal lobby.

Neither WMR nor SteamVR + WMR seem to have any effect.

This is with Unity 2019.4.10f1 and 2019.4.14f1

Before I submit a bug report, I just want a sanity check

2. keveleigh

keveleigh

Official Microsoft Employee

I've been using the Reverb G2 with Unity as part of our work to get support into MRTK.
    Do you know if you're using legacy XR or XR SDK? Also, do you have a different WMR headset that's working to verify if it's specifically the G2 that's causing the problem?

3. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

Thank you -- it ended up being user error. We instantiate a VR prefab based on the XR Subsystem Loader, and didn't explicitly add WMR. Previously, we relied on Legacy and used SteamVR for WMR headsets.

Headset is working well except for apparently no access to joystick button/X/Y/A/B without adding 2 MR packages and changing how we do input on WMR headsets. Hopefully native Unity Input support comes eventually

GebhardtXR and keveleigh like this.
  4. GebhardtXR

GebhardtXR

Which MR packages did you add? Thank you in advance.

5. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d

I am on 2021, no problem with joystick with native xr input. I am not programmer but propably your problem is old unity version(?).

6. GebhardtXR

GebhardtXR

Are you using Unity XR Platform and getting common XR Interaction Toolkit input features to work with the Motion controllers' joystick input?

7. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d