Search Unity

Has anyone done the new 3d Buzz 2D tutorial

Discussion in '2D' started by msbranin, Jul 7, 2014.

1. msbranin

msbranin

I have done the tutorial up #9 and am having issues with the character controller.

Does anyone have the completed CharacterController2D.cs? I am having an Issue where when my player encounters a slope and tries to move up the slope it breaks the characters movement where he can no longer jump and falls as if there is almost zero gravity.

Heres a link to what I have in my controller

http://pastebin.com/UV7i32S8

I have narrowed the bug down to when I am moving at an up angle. Jumping is fine. but if I move up on a slope platform or land on a moving platform my character starts crawling at a snails pace and can no longer jump.

I would ask in the 3d Buzz Forums but even after buying tutorials and using free tutorials and contacting support several times I still do not have privs to post in the forums or even ask questions about the tutorials I have bought.

2. Rutenis

Rutenis

Do you have circle collider 2d attached to your character?

3. msbranin

msbranin

No the tutorial uses a box collider.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  4. Dunkelheit

Dunkelheit

Maybe something you have missed, dunno!

The angle for slope is about 30 degrees, maybe you should increase to make the char walking over slope platforms.

5. stevOG

stevOG

Does anyone have the completed set of C# scripts? Things went south at video #5 for me.

buster12306 likes this.