Search Unity

Has anyone done any product presentation in Unity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by harry101, Feb 26, 2009.

1. harry101

harry101

Hi

I basically use Unity for presentation work and not for makin games. Maybe I will in the future, but for now it is presentation and architectural show-offs. I have seen others use Unity for give virtual tours in apartments and so on, but I haven' seen any real product presentations. Does anyone know of anyone who has been making a product presentation? And is it possible to see it?

BR

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Moving this from Showcase to Gossip as it will likely get more traffic there...

3. mpabart

mpabart

Harry,

How do you handle text when using Unity to develop presentation material ? Are you familiar with products like Ventuz and Esperient Creator ? If so, how does Unity compare from a functionality and workflow perspective ?

Bart

4. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

I'm currently doing a presentation for a mechanical construction company that creates all sort of machines and I'm using their CAD data to visualize a new product which exists only virtually yet and export that one as webplayer to have the customer showcase that via the web to potential new clients.

5. harry101

harry101

Hi

To Bart. No I am not that familiar with those products as my way to Unity goes from Flash and Quest3D and something old I used to work with called Cult3D. I have also done some 3D presentaton stuff with Torque. I am 3D man and no coder so I know that diving into Unity will require some hard working (in Torque I just based everything on the demo). Still I find the solution presented directly from Unity so strong that I can make a lot without doing any coding at all. I am pretty new to Unity so I can not make any comment on text yet, but basically I want to make a product presentation with 3D rotation and hotspot possibilities. Looks like you Martin are doing something like this. I know that you can't share any of the workfiles, but what I want to find out is the quality of the 3D object in a presentation like this. How photoreal the object can be in Unity. Do you have webplayer presentation of something you have done, just to see!??

Br