Search Unity

Has any one experimented with Box Projection Correction Environment Mapping?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Dev.D1, Nov 30, 2011.

1. HonoraryBob

HonoraryBob

If I could afford Unity Pro, I'd just use a variation of the standard water shader, which has realtime reflection and refraction. In the meantime, I'm trying to find an alternative that at least looks somewhat convincing.

2. HonoraryBob

HonoraryBob

Arkade and Noisecrime like this.
  3. Dev.D1

Dev.D1

Thanks for the link. I should really have checked before getting all excited eh ? :) But to tell you the truth I wouldn't have done it in the way described as scaling to a high number of image proxies mandates massive drawcall addition ( atleast in forward rendering).

I'll update the other threads if I get something a bit more usable.

4. HonoraryBob

HonoraryBob

If you want more of a challenge.... here's a variation of the billboard reflection method which can render realistic-looking mutual reflections (the reflection 'bounces' back and forth between two reflective objects) for complex objects like the famous tea kettle model : in one screenshot, they've got two kettles mutually reflecting each other; in another one, the kettle reflects the Stanford Bunny. The following PDF explains the method, but doesn't give any code: https://www.cs.purdue.edu/cgvlab/papers/popescu/popescuGemEG06.pdf

Arkade likes this.