Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Has A Mobile/Steam Game Ever Been Featured Using the Unity Splash Screen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GhulamJewel, Jun 6, 2016.

1. GhulamJewel

GhulamJewel

Curious question with all what is going on with the new subscriptions, increased fees and splash screen has a game ever been featured by Apple/Google/Steam that uses the unity splash screen? Is that even possible?

What big games actually use the unity splash at the beginning?Like for example Ori and the Blind forest I have not played it for those who have do they show the unity logo and where?

I can recall many that use unreal logo but when try to think of games that show unity drawing blanks!

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

if not - mine will be the first - unless someone beats me to it. ;)

00christian00 and darkhog like this.
  3. Ostwind

Ostwind

Yes, latest one that I've noticed being Never alone: Ki edition. It hit App Store last week and is featured in the new games we love. They have pro but they still show the powered by Unity logo but after their splash. Hitman GO has had the same and there are probably many others I haven't tried.

For personal edition ones I haven't noticed any.

4. GhulamJewel

GhulamJewel

Was it powered by unity splash from unity 5?

5. Ostwind

Ostwind

Never alone has the white on black one. Hitman had the greenish with Made with Unity text.

6. drewradley

drewradley

Wasteland 2 is the first one that comes to mind.

7. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

You probably won't. Featured games generally break 100k. After 100k you can't actually use the personal splash screen. You can use a generic made with unity splash screen.

zombiegorilla and Deleted User like this.
  8. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

Catch 22?

9. lmbarns

lmbarns

Never actually thought about the transition, like, if you publish your first hit and go from nothing to $100k+ in 3 days, how long do you have to buy the pro license? After the first check arrives I'd hope? :p

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  10. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Technically speaking you don't have to buy it to the next fiscal year. So I suppose it is technically possible for a game to go crazy, hit the revenue cap, and the dev choose to leave the splash screen up for a few months.

11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

One of my games was featured by apple twice and has the unity logo in the game, but not as splash. *shrugs*

mancuso and theANMATOR2b like this.
  12. GhulamJewel

GhulamJewel

So pretty much those who have pro and able to use there desired unity logo and not those who have free. Ever seen a unity free featured game?

Also if a free users hits 100k mark do they need to just buy the pro license? Or buy the pro license build the game with it and release so they know license was purchased.

13. darkhog

darkhog

What if game is released on x-mas and the revenue cap is hit on 11:59PM 31 Dec?

14. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Not much. The fiscal year ends on June 30th in Australia. Or march 30th in NZ if I'm back home.

According to wikipedia corporations in the US can choose there own fiscal year. If you get to choose, choosing a fiscal year that ends in the middle of peak sales season is a bad idea. Choosing a year that ends in the middle of holiday season is also a bad idea. So I doubt there are many businesses out there who have to worry about the 31st of December.

For other year end dates you will find smart business will deliberately time release dates to fall into one year or the other.

Ryiah likes this.
  15. Lockethane

Lockethane

Square Enix (Hitman/Lara Croft) GO series.

Aiursrage2k likes this.