Search Unity

Hard physics battle: Pinball flippers!!!!

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Danicano, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Danicano

Danicano

Hi, community!
    I'm experimenting with making a pinball simulation game!!! ! That's a hard one, since it's all based on physics.
    The worst battle is making the flippers work correctly. I tried all tutorials I've found on the web but no one has given the answer, either because it's obsolete or 'cause it doesn't result in the desired behavior.

I'm using a hinge joint and motor to move the flippers, and also tried addForce but the result is the same.

Problem 1 : When the flippers are at high position and the button is hold to maintain that position, the flippers still add force to the ball and it makes little bumps forever.....
    Problem 2: when the physics are set to make the ball fast, (gravities, masses, etc), the flippers need such a quantity of force and speed that the ball passes through them even if it's set to continuos dynamic.....

I suppose problem 2 can be managed by making some triggers or code to not allow the thing, I have to investigate more on that question.
    Problem 1 is the one I have no clue on what direction I must take.

Is there some physics guru out there that can throw a beam of light into my painful way????

Thanks.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Why necro posting? Chances author will need anything to do with this post, is like your chance of getting back to Pluto.