Search Unity

Hard crash while light baking "Tetrahedralize probes" step

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by jAchtzehn, Jun 10, 2016.

1. jAchtzehn

jAchtzehn

Hello,

I have a fairly large scene (500 x 500 unit base terrain, urban city environment). Everything is static, one directional light as light source., pre-computed real time GI disabled (no dynamic lightning whatsoever).

When I try to light bake said scene, Unity hard crashes in the "Tetrahedralize light probes" step. I already send a bug report, I am still wondering if anybody else experienced similar problems and has some advice?

Cheers,
    J

2. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

Hi, what is the case #?

3. jAchtzehn

jAchtzehn

Thanks for the quick reply! I submitted a bug report via the window that pops-up after the crash. I did not receive a case # yet. I am not sure if I get one when I report via this window?

Cheers

4. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

If you didn't get the case #, can you please post the editor log here?

5. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Having the same issue 2 years later. Blank project, Unity 2018.2.0f2, import AutoProbes from the store, open the test scene, click on the AutoProbe gameObject, press Optimize probes. As soon as the code reaches
    Lightmapping.Tetrahedralize(probePositions, out tetraIndices, out positions); it crashes 100% of the times.

The creator of the asset is clueless, and thinks it's a Unity bug. Issue not present in Unity 2018.1.

IgorAherne likes this.
  6. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

NeatWolf likes this.
  7. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks!
    [OT]But... I can't access it, there's no Register button, and using the same credentials used in Unity doesn't work. Is there a Sign Up form elsewhere?[/OT]

8. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

NeatWolf likes this.
  9. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

The issue is fixed in 2018.2.11f1

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    NeatWolf likes this.
  10. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks!
    An asset on the store really depended on it to work, I'm going to forward this to the developer :)

11. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Wait, does this mean it doesn't crash only if called this way, but the issue is still there?
    Or, it's not an issue and is it supposed to work like that, inside a coroutine only?

12. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

My original post was wrong, so I edited it away. My experiment with coroutine just made it avoid crashing unity, Tetrahedralize still actually didn't produce anything.

But it works fine in 2018.2.11f1 (release), so grab that version if you can.
    Also, make sure your 4 points aren't co-planar or too close to each other

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018