Search Unity

HapX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benblo, Oct 26, 2007.

1. benblo

benblo

http://haptx.com
    ... wow :eek: ! Looks like a Wiimote-killer to me!

And look, the first game using this device will be Penumbra :p ! Reminds me of the "adventure games" topic of just a few days ago: how cool can games be with haptic devices! The world sure moves fast...

Now where to buy this toy :roll: ...

2. Jessy

Jessy

Not really:

The Novint Falcon is over $200, and I can't even find a price for the Sensable Technologies Phantom Omni (or a supposedly more expensive Phantom). I would probably have more fun with both of these than with a Wiimote, but I just don't see this as being a viable solution for anything but well-funded installations.

Amazing possibilities with that software, however.

3. benblo

benblo

Hey, you found it! I couldn't.
    Well, of course it's expensive, it just got out, and the market is super slim. Give it a year or two... after all, back in the 2-buttons NES controller days, how much would a Wiimote have cost? Or even 5 years ago?

4. Jessy

Jessy

I would agree with this if the trend in gaming wasn't towards light, wireless, use-while-you-pretend-to-exercise devices. Look at the Virtual Boy, for instance. It was really cool tech, but forced you to put your head into a device that sat on a table, and so failed.

Time will tell, though.

5. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

I want to use that with ZBrush

6. monark

monark

So the novint falcon still seems to be around and the price appears to be the same. If you go to their shop https://home.novint.com/store/store.php
    they seem to be sold out. Either this is selling like crazy or they have stopped making it. Anyone know what is going on with the falcon is it catching on or catching a cold?