Search Unity

Haptic Plugin - moving objects using the Phantom OMNI / Geomagic Touch

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ichbinsteffen, Dec 5, 2017.

1. ichbinsteffen

ichbinsteffen

Hello,

I'm looking for people who are using the Haptic Plugin from The Glasgow School of Art
    (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/34393)
    there is a problem I'm having with it and emailing the support doesn't help unfortunately.

The problem I'm having is that GameObjects are ...sort of... unknown to the plugin when
    I add them to the scene after the start of the program.
    When I call SetHapticGeometry() after adding more haptic objects,
    the objects become touchable with the device pointer when their tag is set to "Touchable" BUT they are
    namely unknown to the plugin, which in turn means: they are not identifiable.
    Hence the debugger log says: "The touched object is null".

As far as I understand it, all goes back to the method SetHapticGeometry()
    which at first collects all GameObjects with the "Touchable"-tag and sets their geometry
    after converting meshes. etc..

I dont think I'm allowed to post the code of SetHapticGeometry() here since its content of the Asset/Plugin.
    But for everybody who is out there working with this Asset, I'd be happy to
    get in contact. It could be something I'm doing wrong, something I might have not seen yet.

I'm pretty worried about this, because this application I'm developing is for my masters thesis and
    moving objects around with the haptic cursor is an integral part of the whole idea of the project.
    Yet I'm not able to move objects around which have not existed from the beginning of the runtime.

2. m-poyade

m-poyade

Hi Steffen,

To solve this, you need to remove the PluginImport.LaunchHapticEvent() from the start function and copy it at the end of the SetHapticGeometry().

BR

Matt.

ichbinsteffen likes this.