Search Unity

Happy Holidays from Unity Technologies!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HiggyB, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Bones3D

Bones3D

Well,, I had been offline for two days straight after buying the software, setting up a clean system specifically for this. By the time I finished up and installed everything, the holiday discount was the first thing I saw after getting back online. :p

The deed is done, I'm afraid...

2. PrvtHudson

PrvtHudson

Merry Christmas to me! tx

3. Peter D

Peter D

Ok then. Ignoring the nonsense cross border tax issue. Am I able to buy using my employers US address for the US price plus my Iphone basic and unity indie discount?

Heck I can even donwload it to their servers, get them to pop it on a USB stick and frikkin' (resorts to Michael Mires style seudo swearing) mail it back to me in the UK. Still works out 300 dollars cheaper!

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

That's in theory possible, but I'm not here to offer public advice on how you can skirt the tax laws in your particular country so proceed as you see fit. :)

5. Peter D

Peter D

:D

Not my aim to skirt anything (avoid by legitimate means most definietly). Hence my asking if that's actually possible. I would buy it through their london offices as they are also registered over here but, no-one seems to know if they are vat registered and I can't seem to find a vat number.

The US guys are having a right laugh about the lengths I'm needing to go to to get Unity Pro before my basic discount stops and the 20% discount disappears.

6. jakehaas

jakehaas

Just upgraded to pro!

Thanks for the discount!

-Jake

7. scinfu

scinfu

upgrade to :

Unity Pro with Asset Server and iPhone Advanced

:D :D :D

8. OldCrow

OldCrow

9. RHD

RHD

I borrowed the money to buy the discounted Pro version two days before the extra discount became available.

I'm having no sort of luck at all at the moment.

Happy Christmas.

10. Peter D

Peter D

You think you're having bad luck! Visa will not even authorise my buying unity pro. I keep getting a refused message with the "please contact us" thing. I contact them and they say "No problem with your card sir does it work on other sites?". Well yes it does as I just bought riddick-dark athena in the steam sale with no problems.

So off I went to tell them again that I can't seem to get it to authorise for unity. Apparently they have no idea why it's refusing the unity purchase as I have more than enough credit on the card.

I'm starting to think that some divine intervention is making me wait to buy, so I'm going to assume that some major thing is going to happen in the new year and just give up for now.

11. RHD

RHD

The friend who's lending me the money had the same problem first time we tried.
    The bank's security system mistrusted Unity's site. Probably because it was an out of character purchase for him not any problem with Unity. My card would probably have been fine on that front because I use it for online software and associated purchases regularly. I just didn't have the money. He got on to the card company and sorted it out with them and the second time we tried it worked.

If only it had taken a couple of days longer to fix it...

If you attempt to make, or even succeed in making, a card purchase that the card company's security system thinks is out of character for your usual pattern it can trigger an alert.
    A couple of times my card company has phoned me about a purchase they were worried about and one time they were right, it wasn't me. I was so grateful they spotted that one.

12. Peter D

Peter D

Ah ok so I should actually phone their card services and not the useless customer services devision sheesh!

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

When I bought Unity Indie early this year it took a while, as both the credit card company and my bank didn't like the look of it. At least they phoned me up to check that I knew the company and it wasn't anything dodgy.

Maybe UK banks don't like Unity much :)

14. caitlyn

caitlyn

Hello All!

Just a quick note-- if for some reason your credit card is declined on our webshop, we also accept PayPal. Be sure to call your bank or credit card provider to find out what's the matter. If they insist there isn't any reason for your card to be declined, please contact sales@unity3d.com and we'll see what's up!

Happy holidays!

15. robrjames

robrjames

I just tried to order Unity iPhone. Two of my cards were declined. Totally different credit card companies. I think it's something on your end.

I'll try tomorrow -- Or look into PayPal -- but I think you guys should look at this as I'm sure I'm not the only one that will want to take advantage of the end of year discount.

- Rob

Edit: It worked today. Didn't call the card company just tried it again.

16. Wadoman

Wadoman

Im trying to get the upgrade to Unity Pro and my credit card and paypal both wouldn't go through and there isnt anything wrong with either.

EDIT: OK talking to my credit card customer service AGAIN the issue was resolved. So for me it was on my end.

OH and I am now a PRO owner!!!! :D

17. giyomu

giyomu

just upgraded to pro through paypal , no issue at all ..

hehe cool I am on pro now , well need to work 24/24 to get back my invest now before my wife kill me when she will see the bill :D

thanks unity guys for the coupon , that made it for me , next step..the iphone upgrade... 8) ..well a bit later :D

18. duke

duke

I so just took advantage of this offer ;)

19. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Congrats to all you happy new license holders (new, upgrade or add-on). Here's to an even better 2010 (and beyond) for all of us! :D

20. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

One more Pro - at least, the licence is Pro , now I have to learn all the nitty-gritty parts of the work :) Thanks guys in Copenhagen! :D

21. Peter D

Peter D

Role on the move of sales to america so that I can finally afford to upgrade :(