Search Unity

Hanging when building Mac Standalone in 2017.1.0

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Nabren, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Nabren

Nabren

When I go to build a Mac Standalone player in Unity 2017.1.0, it hangs after the following in the logs:

Load scene 'Temp/__Backupscenes/0.backup' time: 0.016819 ms
    Unloading 4712 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    System memory in use before: 463.0 MB.
    System memory in use after: 463.1 MB.

Unloading 1246 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 5140.
    Total: 13.792044 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.458321 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.226863 ms MarkObjects: 11.856734 ms DeleteObjects: 1.249298 ms)

After the initial upgrade, I was also hanging when entering play mode. I fixed that by changing from ".NET 2.0 Subset" to ".NET 2.0" for Api Compatibility Level. .NET 2.0 is what we were using before the upgrade, but this got lost/reverted. I am aware Unity 5.6 (and thus Unity 2017.1) made this per platform, just pointing out it caused a hang when entering play mode until I fixed this setting manually.

It seems like something similar might be causing the hang when trying to build a player but as far as I can tell all settings are correct. The next step seems to be compiling Assembly-CSharp.dll and related code, but this never happens and the Unity Editor just spins forever maxing out a single CPU and does not progress even when left for 20+ hours.

Has anyone seen anything similar or have any ideas what might be causing this?

2. Nabren

Nabren

Looks like this was most likely caused by an editor DLL referencing obsolete (UnityUpgradeable) API. After fixing that warning, it worked. Unless invalidating that DLL also forced some other compile to dirty.

I probably should have fixed the warnings first, but wanted to get up and running quick. Jokes on me it looks like? Haha