Search Unity

HandsInteractionTrainScene - "Controllers Required" in Oculus Quest

Discussion in 'VR' started by nmwoods1, Jan 9, 2020.

1. nmwoods1

nmwoods1

I've Built + Run the HandsInteractionTrainScene and uploaded it to my Oculus Quest, but I'm getting an error dialog that says "Controllers Required - You need to use controllers for this app. Use a controller to select Continue or use your hands to select Cancel".

I have hand tracking turned on (I can see my hands in the headset and I can click the Cancel button using hand tracking)

Is there something I'm missing? Why isn't it letting me in?

Cheers

EDIT: I've tried starting the app with controllers, then minimising, switching to hands, then re-opening the scene, but I still get the error

LucasEaston likes this.
  2. LucasEaston

LucasEaston

Where did you get the HandsInteractionTrainScene from?
    Ive added v12.0 to my project (downloaded from the asset store) but I cant find any of the hand tracking SDK. I cant currently follow Oculus documentation as the website appears to be broken.

Regards,
    Lucas

3. LucasEaston

LucasEaston

The solution to the OP's problem is as follows.
    On the OVRCameraRig prefab find the OVR Manager script
    There is an option Input>Hand Tracking Support, you need to change this from Controller only to Hands.

I have worked out my problem with the SDK, after installing the Oculus integration, Unity popped up a box saying there was a newer version. When I clicked to update, it rolled it back to an older version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Lucas

iVersen and krashxyz like this.