Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Hands sometimes do not track on OpenXR for Oculus controllers

Discussion in 'VR' started by emrys90, Jun 9, 2021.

1. emrys90

emrys90

I'm not sure if this happens for other controllers, but sometimes my controllers will stop tracking. If I move my hand quickly or something then it will track for one frame and then freeze in a new position. This issue is inconsistent, and usually requires me to restart SteamVR/Unity/my pc. It happens after entering playmode a couple times or so in Unity typically. Any ideas how to fix this? It's getting quite frustrating

I know its not an issue with my controllers themselves because if I open the Oculus Dash my controllers are tracking just fine.

2. the_real_apoxol

the_real_apoxol

Unity Technologies

You test with Oculus 2 or Oculus 1? Have you tried the Oculus Runtime to see if it happens there too?

3. emrys90

emrys90

Oculus Quest 1, I don't have a Quest 2 to test it with. On the Oculus runtime I have a separate issue where occasionally the screen just stays black on startup and have to go through the restart steps still

4. the_real_apoxol

the_real_apoxol

Unity Technologies

The black is the hitch I was mentioning to you earlier. If possible to move some of your initialization to async code that may help. Something is regularly stalling your main thread which causes havok with the runtimes.

5. emrys90

emrys90

Unfortunately, I think my performance stall is entirely from the Unity's Microphone API starting up when ran through Oculus Link. I don't think there's anything on my end I can do to resolve that? As there doesn't seem to be any alternative ways to start the microphone

6. the_real_apoxol

the_real_apoxol

Unity Technologies

I would submit a bug on that then, but we would for sure need your project included in that report to debug that.

7. Sir_Loin_of_Beef

Sir_Loin_of_Beef

I'm experiencing this exact issue. Is there a fix yet?