Search Unity

Bug Hands not visible in Quest build with Oculus Integration

Discussion in 'VR' started by Aupuma, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Aupuma

Aupuma

Hi there, I've imported Oculus Integration into my project because I want to test hand tracking, but after importing the asset I can't get it to work.
    The scene I'm trying to build is HandTest. My Unity Version is 2019.4.2
    -If I test it on my PC with Quest+Link cable it works, hands are visible.
    -On Quest, neither the hands nor the controllers are visible on the scene, only the skybox.
    -Right now I'm using Oculus Integration v23, Oculus XR Plugin 1.7.0. I've tested also Oculus Integration V20 and XR plugin 1.4.0 and 1.5.3.
    - If I make a OVR Build APK and Run the app starts and the screen is completely Black.

-On a fresh project (for testing with Microsoft MRTK) with Oculus Integration V20 and Oculus XR Plugin 1.7.0 it works flawlessly.
    Has anyone faced something similar?

2. Aupuma

Aupuma

UPDATE: Building HandTest_Custom scene, the hand model moves to the hands or controllers position but does not track the finger movements, it stays with the same pose. On PC works without any issues

3. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

We cant provide support for the Oculus integration, however we recommend that you check that Oculus is ticked in XR Plugin management for the android build target, as this may be the difference between pc and android not working.

4. SergPutiak

SergPutiak

I'm facing the same issue. Did you find a solution on this? Thanks in advance

5. MadisonCF

MadisonCF

My solution was I hadn't specified on the OVR Rig in my scene that it used hands. This adds the required permissions to the Android Manifest

Follow the "Select Hands as Input" Section in the documentation

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023